The realm of interior design is constantly evolving, and one area that significantly impacts any space is flooring. Staying updated on the latest flooring remodel trends is crucial for homeowners looking to renovate their homes or create stylish and functional new builds.
If you’re embarking on the exciting challenge of remodeling your flooring, it’s understandable to feel overwhelmed by choices. With a wide array of unique and beautiful flooring options, it can be difficult to navigate the selection process.
To help you get started, let’s look at the top flooring remodel trends for this year. These trends encompass durable and low-maintenance options, sustainable and eco-friendly choices, textured and patterned designs, and bold and vibrant-colored flooring. Whether you prefer a classic and timeless look or want to make a bold statement, you’ll find the inspiration to make informed decisions about your flooring choices.
First Flooring Considerations
Before committing to a type of flooring and beginning a massive overhaul, make sure you consider the crucial factors to you and your family. There are many ways to choose the incorrect flooring for your home, which can be costly and time-consuming to correct. Thinking through all your options and knowing the look you want will help ensure the right results from the start.
Are you remodeling your entire home or only a few rooms? Where will this flooring go, and how do you want that room to look and feel? Tile may not be best for the living room but would work well in a kitchen or bathroom. And carpet doesn’t work well in the kitchen, but it keeps the bedroom soft and comfortable. If you are working with multiple rooms, picking the flooring for each space can make a cohesive look difficult. Consider each room’s furniture and other decor, its use, and how you want it to feel.
Color And Pattern
The allure of vibrant flooring has captured the attention of homeowners seeking to make a bold impression in living spaces. By embracing vivid hues, you can explore flooring options that bring forth a creative and colorful ambiance.
One such option is vinyl flooring, which showcases an extensive selection of bright and vibrant colors. Not only does vinyl flooring provide affordability and versatility, but it also requires minimal maintenance, making it an attractive choice for those wishing to infuse their space with a pop of color.
Tile flooring presents another avenue for incorporating bold and vibrant colors into interior design. With abundant choices, from radiant reds to deep blues, tile flooring can create an audacious and lively atmosphere in any room.
Linoleum flooring is an excellent choice for those craving an unmistakable and lively aesthetic. Its broad spectrum of colors, including captivating and bold shades, empowers homeowners to curate a flooring design that commands attention and makes a distinctive statement.
However, only some people want the floor to captivate attention. Some of the latest toned-down color trends include:
- Black and white tiles
- Blonde wood
- High variation and cerused wood
- Whitewashed wood
Patterns are an excellent way to have more dynamic flooring without utilizing overwhelming colors. Some of the recent pattern trends include:
- Checkered floors
- Herringbone and Chevron
- Staggered flooring transitions
- Wide planks
Are you remodeling a room that needs to feel warm and comfortable? Or does the space need to be smooth, easy to clean, and capable of withstanding a lot of traction? Some rooms may benefit from having flooring that is soft underfoot, while others require sturdy, flat surfaces. Will you be walking in this space barefoot? With shoes or socks on only? Should this floor be comfortable to sit on? A floor can make a big difference in your home. Knowing how you want it to feel will help determine the material and texture.
Sustainable And Long-Lasting
Homeowners increasingly favor durable and low-maintenance flooring as they provide a practical solution for establishing a functional and long-lasting space. Flooring options like vinyl, laminate, and tile are renowned for their resilience and ability to withstand wear and tear. This makes them perfect for high-traffic areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, and entryways.
Vinyl flooring has gained popularity due to its affordability, versatility, and easy upkeep. Its resistance to water, stains, and scratches makes it a practical option for households with pets and children. On the other hand, laminate flooring boasts durability and low maintenance as it is constructed from sturdy high-density fiberboard. Tile flooring is also an excellent choice. Both ceramic and porcelain tiles are moisture-resistant, stain-resistant, and scratch-resistant, requiring only a simple mop for cleaning. Opting for durable and low-maintenance flooring options is a pragmatic decision for those seeking a long-lasting and functional space.
As environmental concerns continue escalating, more individuals seek ways to make their homes sustainable and eco-friendly. One approach to achieve this is selecting sustainable flooring alternatives that benefit the environment and possess beauty and functionality.
Bamboo flooring is a highly sought-after sustainable choice, as it regenerates quickly and can be harvested and replanted frequently. Its durability and resistance to wear and tear make it an appealing option for any home.
Reclaimed wood flooring is a compelling option that combines sustainability and eco-friendliness. Cork flooring works as another sustainable alternative derived from the bark of the cork oak tree, which causes no harm to the tree itself when harvested. Notable for its comfortable and warm texture, cork flooring is naturally moisture-resistant, rendering it ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, and entryways.
You can create a beautiful and environmentally responsible home by choosing sustainable and eco-friendly flooring options. Whether you decide on bamboo, cork, or reclaimed wood, you can enjoy the benefits of flooring that are both functional and environmentally conscious.
Top Flooring Remodel Trends By Type
The flooring material you choose will significantly impact the design and overall feel of the room. Selecting a material that suits the space, what it’s used for, and how it will look is essential to having a cohesive, well-designed home. Below are some of today’s best material choices and top flooring remodel trends.
Hardwood floors possess durability and timeless popularity that few materials can match. While laminate flooring can imitate the appearance of wood, genuine hardwood flooring exudes unparalleled charm and resilience, making it suitable for a wide range of commercial and residential environments. The inherent appeal of natural wood lies in its ability to infuse warmth and a sense of authenticity into interior settings, inviting occupants to unwind and relish in the space’s ambiance.
- Neutral Naturals: A recent trend toward natural and neutral floor colors offer versatility and can seamlessly blend with various living spaces, from dining rooms to bedrooms. Hues of white, cream, and honey are favored in homes as they create a soothing ambiance customizable to individual preferences. White oak stands out for its popularity due to its versatility and functionality.
- Bleach Blonde: When it comes to contemporary spaces, a smooth, light, wide plank hardwood floor is an excellent choice. Hardwoods naturally tend to darken and acquire a patina as they age. However, opting for a whitewashed floor introduces a fresh, captivating look that perfectly complements modern design trends. These light wood floors also show less dirt, making them easier to maintain than their darker counterparts.
- Wide Planks: Wider planks exhibit a less busy appearance with fewer individual pieces involved in their construction. This design choice allows for enhanced visibility of each piece of wood’s unique grain and natural variations. As a result, the flooring exudes a captivating charm that is both intriguing and understated.
- Unique Design: There is a rising trend of embracing new and innovative layouts in home flooring. These layouts introduce a heightened visual interest to the conventional wood floor, elevating its overall appeal. Examples of such layout designs include herringbone and chevron, which make a striking impression on interior design aesthetics.
- Reclaimed Style: Reclaimed wood possesses a distinct allure, showcasing unique characteristics like nail holes and natural weathering that give each piece a distinctive appearance. This flooring choice emphasizes sustainability and carries an individual story that manufactured products cannot replicate.
For vinyl flooring, many of the same trends in hardwood are seen, including lighter vinyl, wide planks, and unique designs. Vinyl flooring’s versatility suits a range of rooms and meets diverse needs. They serve as excellent alternatives to hardwood floors or tiles, still providing many choices. Moreover, vinyl flooring offers durability and resilience, making it an ideal choice for areas requiring long-lasting and robust surfaces.
The enduring appeal of vinyl flooring lies in technological advancements that have revolutionized its creation and refinement. Vinyl floors have significantly improved in recent years, enabling you to install a vinyl floor that closely resembles solid hardwood. They are aesthetically pleasing and water-resistant, making them a favored choice among homeowners seeking durability and practicality.
Beyond its budget-friendly nature and versatility, luxury vinyl flooring offers easy maintenance and hassle-free cleaning. The hard surface allows for effortless sweeping or vacuuming, while vinyl planks or tiles can be mopped clean. Unlike other flooring options, vinyl doesn’t require regular maintenance, such as resealing or waxing, making it convenient and time-saving.
Tiles have stood the test of time as some of the most decorative and versatile surfaces, adorning interiors for centuries. Their evolution encompasses many shapes, sizes, materials, colors, and patterns, making the possibilities seem endless. Not only are tiles visually stunning, but they also offer remarkable durability and resilience, making them an ideal choice for breathing new life into the home. Whether you want to create a captivating kitchen or find inspiring bathroom ideas, tiles provide a stylish solution that can transform any space.
- Natural Materials: Using natural materials like onyx tiles, granite, limestone, or marble can effortlessly create a luxurious aesthetic for tile ideas in home design. Incorporating these elements adds a touch of luxury and establishes a sense of drama and grandeur in interior spaces.
- Checkerboard: Whether you prefer the timeless elegance of a black and white palette or the vibrant allure of modern colors, incorporating a checkerboard tile pattern can infuse a space with a visually striking touch. The checkerboard pattern has become one of the most popular surface and tile trends within bathrooms, but it can also work well in creating a more dynamic hallway space or adding style to the kitchen.
- Blending Inside And Out: Creating a seamless transition from indoor to outdoor spaces has gained popularity, fostering an enhanced connection with nature and the outdoors. As time progresses, advancements in tile technology have enabled us to choose the same tile material for interior and exterior areas, resulting in a cohesive finish. This approach resonates with homeowners who aspire to create a spacious and interconnected living environment, where a large format tile selection contributes to the perception of a unified and harmonious home.
- Terracotta: Terracotta tile is a timeless look that creates a rustic, warm feel within the home. It can match various styles and color schemes since it can be bright or neutral depending on the shade and pattern.
The prevailing trend around carpets this year revolves around incorporating abundant texture. Homeowners seek to utilize carpeting to craft a cozy and inviting sanctuary, providing respite from the fast-paced nature of everyday life. Opting for carpets with textured features such as frieze or twist styles reminiscent of shag rugs or selecting carpets with cut and loop patterns for a more refined and formal appearance are popular choices.
- High plush carpets: Plush carpets with a luxurious and velvety texture are highly sought after, adding a touch of luxury to any space.
- Geometric shapes: Carpets featuring geometric patterns and designs bring a contemporary and artistic element to the flooring, adding visual interest and a modern flair.
- Texture and frieze carpets: Carpets with textured surfaces, like frieze styles, offer a cozy and comforting feel underfoot, creating a welcoming ambiance.
- Cut and loop carpets: Carpets with a combination of cut and looped fibers provide an appealing visual contrast, resulting in a sophisticated and tailored appearance.
Top Tier Trends
Exploring the latest flooring remodel trends is a great way to begin imagining what you want your space to look and feel like. But speaking to experts in the business is the best way to understand all aspects involved in remodeling or putting in new floors. At LA Carpet, our team of skilled designers is committed to delivering personalized solutions tailored to meet the distinct requirements of every client. We are fueled by a passion for creating customized designs that elevate spaces to their fullest potential.
Whether you envision enriching your home with carpet, hardwood, or laminate flooring or embarking on a transformative kitchen and bathroom remodel, we are fully equipped to meet your needs and surpass expectations. Reach out today to learn more about the process and all your remodeling options.